Help with Pajama Cardinal fins

hoffmeyerz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This kinda came out of the blue. He's acting normally and eating well but the fins progressed like this over just two days. The only thing different in the tank was adding a Falco Hawk that I had in qt. I'm not sure how to address it. My clowns can be aggressive and I've seen nips on him before but not like this.

Attachments

• KVID1337.mp4
    37.7 MB

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
This kinda came out of the blue. He's acting normally and eating well but the fins progressed like this over just two days. The only thing different in the tank was adding a Falco Hawk that I had in qt. I'm not sure how to address it. My clowns can be aggressive and I've seen nips on him before but not like this.
This is not rot or fin ray damage but rather aggression and Pssst , , , see that innocent little clown in your video?

1667268203839.png

Set your phone on video mode for about 30 mins, feed the tank and walk away - MUST walk away and come back and review. You should see your culprit. Fish often show aggression during feeding to hog the food

Fishy212

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He does look pretty beat up. I would try reshaping your rock work within the tank. It might change some of the behaviors and established territories of the fish. Are you able to put the PJ back into isolation to recover? some boosted food will help with his recovery.

OP
OP
hoffmeyerz

hoffmeyerz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is not rot or fin ray damage but rather aggression and Pssst , , , see that innocent little clown in your video?

1667268203839.png

Set your phone on video mode for about 30 mins, feed the tank and walk away - MUST walk away and come back and review. You should see your culprit. Fish often show aggression during feeding to hog the food
Oh boy I think you hit that weight on the head! I've always seen some nips on the pj now and then but this was so drastic I didn't think it was aggression. I still have my qt running from the Falco hawk so I can throw him in there to recoup.
One of the reasons I picked up the hawkfish was it's bigger than the clown so the clown leaves it alone!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back