Help with Peninsula Closed Loop Setup

brett.sizeland

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi hoping some of you can help me decide on the placement and size of the holes/piping for the closed loop I want to run on my new Peninsula tank.

It is a 7x3x2 ft tank and i don't want any wavemakers on the viewing panes so going to run a closed loop. I am happy to have wavemakers on the weir end if needed.

light hanging 2.PNG

That is going to be the tank I have an Abyzz A200 pump that I will use for the closed loop pump, it has a 50mm inlet and 40mm outlet. Was thinking of having 2 x 25mm outlets at the front of the tank in the bottom glass and 2 x 32mm inlets towards the weir end to feed the pump.

Any help on suggestions on placement and size would be great. Want to make sure I get it right before I drill holes in the tank.

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi hoping some of you can help me decide on the placement and size of the holes/piping for the closed loop I want to run on my new Peninsula tank.

It is a 7x3x2 ft tank and i don't want any wavemakers on the viewing panes so going to run a closed loop. I am happy to have wavemakers on the weir end if needed.

light hanging 2.PNG

That is going to be the tank I have an Abyzz A200 pump that I will use for the closed loop pump, it has a 50mm inlet and 40mm outlet. Was thinking of having 2 x 25mm outlets at the front of the tank in the bottom glass and 2 x 32mm inlets towards the weir end to feed the pump.

Any help on suggestions on placement and size would be great. Want to make sure I get it right before I drill holes in the tank.

I think you have a solid plan. Go for it

Bacon505

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One thing to keep in mind is that the lighting bracket will sagged if you’re running t5.

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a closed loop in my 225 (5’x3’x2’) a couple things to consider
Make sure your returns are not too close to glass if you using rocks to hide them so you have room to get on and clean the glass
It’s also good to think through your aquascape to be sure you can hide the returns
I used Lokline on all of my returns so I could adjust
Make sure returns are high enough or point a little upward so they don’t blow sand around
I love the closed loop I have No power heads and a lot of flow
I use a reflow hammerhead gold pump about 5000gal per hour
I have 3 ea 2” drains and 6 ea 1” returns

wadesims2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

light hanging 2.PNG

hey how did this turn out and any lessons learned I have an 8x3x2 that I want to do this to

OP
OP
brett.sizeland

brett.sizeland

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@brett.sizeland did you get this up and running?
Yeah I did, ended up running 2 Vectra L2 pumps with a 50mm inlet and 2 x 32mm outlets from each pump. So 4 holes in the base of the tank as the outlets and 2 holes on the end of the tank for the inlets.

I have VCA random flow nozzles on each outlet. The flow is pretty good across the whole tank but may need to add a vortech or 2 on the weir when the tank fills in with SPS.

chaostactics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I did, ended up running 2 Vectra L2 pumps with a 50mm inlet and 2 x 32mm outlets from each pump. So 4 holes in the base of the tank as the outlets and 2 holes on the end of the tank for the inlets.

I have VCA random flow nozzles on each outlet. The flow is pretty good across the whole tank but may need to add a vortech or 2 on the weir when the tank fills in with SPS.
Thank for the updates. Got pics?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back