Help with Red Sea Hardware

mb5322

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had 2 Red sea led 90's and a reefwave 45 connected and working for 3 weeks on my aquarium. I woke up this morning to everything disconnected from the app and running at full capacity IE: my led's at 100% and my reefwave at 100%, this is a problem because I just put $1000 worth of brand new coral frags in my tank yesterday morning. I've tried everything I can think of to reconnect them. I've hard reset the lights and reefwave, I've deleted the hardwar from my app and attempted to reinstall them to no avail. I've had to unplug everything at this point because I figured no lights and waves is better than it battering and bleaching that much money in new corals. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get them reconnected? I've contacted red sea customer support only to be told someone will get back with me in 24 hours. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do they have a "reset" function? Like on the AI units? To reset them to factory settings? Normally if you hold the button for 10 seconds or something.

OP
OP
mb5322

mb5322

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do they have a "reset" function? Like on the AI units? To reset them to factory settings? Normally if you hold the button for 10 seconds or something.
Ok I finally just unplugged everything, deleted my app, reinstalled the app, plugged everything back in then had to reattach everything to the app and it seems to be working now. Technology is great until it isn't. Sometimes i miss the days of my metal halides and powerheads being on manual timers.

Thanks for your response

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I finally just unplugged everything, deleted my app, reinstalled the app, plugged everything back in then had to reattach everything to the app and it seems to be working now. Technology is great until it isn't. Sometimes i miss the days of my metal halides and powerheads being on manual timers.

Thanks for your response

No problem, I had to reset my old AI Prime once and the factory reset fixed my problems. Figured id throw it out there.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back