Help with Reefbrite Lifespan

Nalini Akolekar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Disclaimer - I know nothing about the intricacies of reef lighting. I set up my Waterbox in 2016 with Reefbrite XHO 30s as was recommended to me and they have been great. I’m re-starting my tank and wondering if I need to think about new lights. Does anyone know approximately how long these lights should last? Thanks.

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably depends on the environment used. Just look at the leds. If the lenses have turned brown it’s time to replace (or repair if handy with a soldering iron). I’ve been going through mine with Chinese 3 watt leds and while time consuming it has only cost me around $20 in LEDs to replace every diode on eight 15” XHOs

OP
OP
Nalini Akolekar

Nalini Akolekar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably depends on the environment used. Just look at the leds. If the lenses have turned brown it’s time to replace (or repair if handy with a soldering iron). I’ve been going through mine with Chinese 3 watt leds and while time consuming it has only cost me around $20 in LEDs to replace every diode on eight 15” XHOs
Thanks for your replay. I am incredibly unhandy but maybe I can get someone to help me.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 28.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%

Back