Help with removing monti from plug?

  • Thread starter Thread starter churro
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

churro

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 6, 2018
Messages
20
Reaction score
12
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any tips to removing a montipora frag from its plug without shattering the Coral?
I would like to transfer it from its plug to the magnetic rack shown to grow out. However I've never removed a coral from a plug.
Or would it be best to wait until it's larger and then frag a piece?
20180210_215234.jpg
Frag-Solo-Magnetic-Grow-Out-Frag-Rack-5.jpg
 
I would just cut the stem of the plug off with some coral clippers. Then you could glue the disk to that rack. It doesn’t look like it’s encrusted onto the disk.
 
I meant to say it doesn’t look like it’s encrusted onto the rock. Lol
 
I meant to say it doesn’t look like it’s encrusted onto the rock. Lol
Lol yah, thankfully! It's slightly encrusted onto the frag plug but only in a few spots. But I will try that!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new