Help with selecting lights

Sick_man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm looking to upgrade my lights. I currently have one that only puts out 100 par max but I would like a better one that is more user friendly. I've been looking at the fluval 2.0 or 3.0 and their app looks really good and easy. Its also within my budget so does anyone recommend this? What other budget friendly programmable lights are there? Only looking to grow lps of softies btw

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tank and what is your price range?

Max The New reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 20 gallon (12x12x30) I think those are the dimensions. Budget is about 170.
revive t247s imo are the best under 200, or the prime 16hds are pretty good for about 200, there are also some blackbox China LEDs those 165w ones, one other one is the kessil 160s, or maybe you can get a 360we for that price

OP
OP
Sick_man

Sick_man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there is a kessil360we for 200 on a site called offerup right now, they are 350 normally

Thanks but I don't think you know how offerup works... Its like craigslist and u buy things in your area so what shows up for u is different for me

Randallh99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
most people don't get fluval lights. I'm generalizing here but I don't think its high output. In that range I would agree with Max and hopefully score a used Kessil A360WE, which are dropping in price quickly due to the 360x's that are coming to the used market. If you want new, I think you'll probably be best served with a highly rated Chinese black box.

OP
OP
Sick_man

Sick_man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know alot about them, I know they are very customizable, and I'm also looking for a light, I'm down to those or a revive t247

my fluval comes in the mail tomorrow, Ill let you know how they do. are you looking to do sps? the revives are probably better for that than the fluval but the fluval app is better than any controller ive seen

OP
OP
Sick_man

Sick_man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
most people don't get fluval lights. I'm generalizing here but I don't think its high output. In that range I would agree with Max and hopefully score a used Kessil A360WE, which are dropping in price quickly due to the 360x's that are coming to the used market. If you want new, I think you'll probably be best served with a highly rated Chinese black box.

max par is a little over 300 (fits my lps and softies needs) and i like customization. doesn't matter if people dont usually get them, ill become successful in a different way then ig.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 16.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 60 55.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.3%
Back