Help With Stocking Order

Asm481

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just cycled a 75 gallon now to start stocking. Plan is for a mixed reef, LPS and easy sps corals. I have a mix of dry live rock and 15 pounds aquacultured rock from kpaquatics. I am thinking fish in this order:
A pair of Bangaii Cardinal fish
Pair of Fire Goby
Royal Gamma
Lawnmower Blenny
A trio of Carpenter or Mccosker Wrasse
Some other flasher Wrasse or Can I have Carpenter AND McCosckers in same tank?
Tomini Tang.
Is there a problem here? Was thinking the Cardinals and Fire Goby first then the Royal Gamma and Lawnmower Blennie after a week. Then like a week or two later the Wrasses in a group which would be 6 fish. After a couple weeks add the Tomini Tang.
I will build cuc as it goes to maybe include a Skunk Cleaner shrimp. So is my plan plausible? Not my first reef but it has been a few years!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just cycled a 75 gallon now to start stocking. Plan is for a mixed reef, LPS and easy sps corals. I have a mix of dry live rock and 15 pounds aquacultured rock from kpaquatics. I am thinking fish in this order:
A pair of Bangaii Cardinal fish
Pair of Fire Goby
Royal Gamma
Lawnmower Blenny
A trio of Carpenter or Mccosker Wrasse
Some other flasher Wrasse or Can I have Carpenter AND McCosckers in same tank?
Tomini Tang.
Is there a problem here? Was thinking the Cardinals and Fire Goby first then the Royal Gamma and Lawnmower Blennie after a week. Then like a week or two later the Wrasses in a group which would be 6 fish. After a couple weeks add the Tomini Tang.
I will build cuc as it goes to maybe include a Skunk Cleaner shrimp. So is my plan plausible? Not my first reef but it has been a few years!
Do you have any dimensions?

And get rid of the ‘trio’ of wrasses. This just won’t work with the species you want to have it with. The reason why is they are going to transition and wind up killing eachother. And this doesn’t matter, I’ve seen it happen in tanks even twice the size of a 4’ tank. And without knowing the dimensions, your 75G tank may be too small for any Paracheilinus (flasher) species.

If you can give us dimensions then I’ll be able to help more but until then, ditch those wrasses and go for some of the smaller Cirrhilabrus species or some from the Macropharyngodon, Halichoeres and Xenojulis genera.

Another thing I’ll say is you’re rushing it. Don’t just throw in all your fish within a few weeks. Allow for everyone to establish (I’d say Atleast a month between introduction). I did a mistake of rushing into it with my 4’ tank and have fish that I dislike, I’ve even had fish that I never knew I’d end up having. And yes, my tank is 4 years old (nearly 5 years old) but I still find myself adding fish to it Atleast once every year if not several times in a year.

OP
OP
A

Asm481

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies so far. This is a standard Aqueon 75 gallon. 48x18x ?. I thought a trio made the male perform more. If I get several different Wrasse species will they all transition to male? I will look into the other species of Wrasses you listed. Also I thought the Tomini was a smaller Tang, suitable for the four foot tank.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back