Help with sudden Ich explosion and upcoming vacation

  • Thread starter Thread starter Areseebee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Fish are out. All that's left is hermit crabs and nassarius snails. I guess I now just crank it up to 81 and wait 2 months? Can the hermits/snails deal with that or should I keep it lower and just wait longer?
 
Fish are out. All that's left is hermit crabs and nassarius snails. I guess I now just crank it up to 81 and wait 2 months? Can the hermits/snails deal with that or should I keep it lower and just wait longer?

The hermit and snails should be fine at 81, but there are some snails that come from the Gulf of California that don't do so well at that high temperature.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new