Help with sump

TopGun619

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I am setting up my first drilled tank. I have a rollermat fleece for the sump. It's rated at 500gph. My question is should my return pump be at 500 or less so it don't flood it out? Thanks for any input and help. Happy Reefing

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be asking more questions than that If this is your first tank with a sump.

The flow from sump to display should be less than 500GPHr to not overload your roller mat. I suggest half that max flow.

If your drain from display were to plug up with snails or algae, could your sump pump overflow your display tank.

OP
OP
T

TopGun619

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be asking more questions than that If this is your first tank with a sump.

The flow from sump to display should be less than 500GPHr to not overload your roller mat. I suggest half that max flow.

If your drain from display were to plug up with snails or algae, could your sump pump overflow your display tank.
I have a 65 gallon tank with a 20 gallon sump. I have not put it all together yet as I am still buying parts. I will make sure that if that happens that it will hold all the water. And also that the sump won't overflow. I have been watching videos on the water levels.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%

Back