Help with tank change

irescuedogs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!! So I needed some advice on a couple things. 1 I want to upgrade my tank and switch the seahorses over to a high 15 gallon tank from my regular 10 gallon tank. I just need advice on the best way to do so.

2. What is the best filter you can suggest I use for the 15 gallon. I would obviously keep the sponge filter I have now running in the 10 for the bActeria and keep it in as long as possible for the other filter to build some bacteria as well. But what kind of filter do you suggest? I’m not using any live sand or live rock just bare bottom with some fake plants and hitching posts. Any recommendations on how to achieve the perfect new tank for them would be so helpful thanks!!

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With no live rock, I would do what I do on my QT tanks. Run an oversized Aquaclear HOB on the new tank and fill it with media such as Biomax and keep that media in the old tank for a few weeks before making the change over. While the sponge filter alone "might" be enough for your tank, I wouldn't take any chances. I would use the Aquaclear 30 or 50 on that 15 gal.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back