Help with Toadstool Leather

Arruna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I got a toadstool leather coral from my LFS on Saturday. It was laying on its side when I got it. No polyps extended but look opened. I got it for pretty cheap.

Anyway, put it in my tank and it open a little bit, decent polyps extension by the next day. Unfortunately, I had to move it. Once I did, the stem bent at the base, so its stem is basically folded in half. (as seen in pic) I've left it alone since Monday. Besides the stem being folded, the coral looks amazing. Really good fluffy polyps, really open body. But it wont stand up.

Is there something I should do? Since it looks good besides the step I planned to leave it for awhile to see if it fixes itself. Is that the right call? Or should I do something now?

Any advice?

20210203_085159.jpg 20210203_085152.jpg 20210203_085101.jpg

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you can prop it up against a rock? Even tie it to a rock? The base will from an attachment to that rock. MAke sure the flow pushes it into the rock. Not too hard and not too soft.

OP
OP
Arruna

Arruna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont think I have any decent rocks for that, but I'll look. Should I make sure it doesnt touch the top only the stem?

OP
OP
Arruna

Arruna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! That was my original plan. I wondered if I had just ticked it off. Besides the stem being in half it looks super healthy lol

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The LFS near me has one so big it totally dominates a 60gal cube. That things stalk is like a corkscrew and it tilts because the top is so large. Doesn’t seem to bother it at all. Looks kinda awesome honestly.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 78 38.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 30 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back