Help with untraceable no3 and nearly untraceable po4

  • Thread starter Thread starter Blake7393
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Blake7393

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 5, 2025
Messages
21
Reaction score
2
Location
Kendal
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I need some advice on how I can raise my no3 using my AI fuge light without disturbing my ph level to much. My fuge light comes on for 10 hrs on 60% through the night while my display light is off.
Any suggestions on reducing my light timings or light brightness??
Cheers Blake
 
Yeah I know I can add things to raise them. I remember reading somewhere that you can raise them by reducing light on sump?? I really don’t want to get involved buying and adding more things if this method is possible🤷🏼‍♂️
 
Yeah I know I can add things to raise them. I remember reading somewhere that you can raise them by reducing light on sump?? I really don’t want to get involved buying and adding more things if this method is possible🤷🏼‍♂️
Never heard of that one. I guess shortening the photosynthesis in the sump on opposite light time schedule could work.
 
Think it might have been on BRStv when I heard about it? Remember thinking when they said to reduce sump light to every other night instead of every night what about the ph drop. Just thought someone on here might have had success with the method? If nobody has I’ll have to get the roids and nitro to sort it as you suggested 👍🏻
 
Certainly you can reduce macroalgae growth and nutrient uptake by reducing the light cycle. Nothing fancy needed. Reduce time or intensity.
 
My fuge turned into a large algae scrubber. I ended up cleaning it out and working with my skimmer and filter roller to keep my nutrients where i needed them. After battling dinos caused by double zero No3 and Po4
 
My fuge turned into a large algae scrubber. I ended up cleaning it out and working with my skimmer and filter roller to keep my nutrients where i needed them. After battling dinos caused by double zero No3 and Po4
So you have ditched your macroalgae grow section of your sump ?
 
If dinos rear their ugly heads, don’t wait. Take immediate action to boost nutrients fast, maybe dose silicate, etc.
 
What’s worked for me better than Reef Roids is Oyster Feast. The “recommended” dose will raise my P to right around 0.1ppm. It seems more predictable than Reef Roids in my tank.
 
If dinos rear their ugly heads, don’t wait. Take immediate action to boost nutrients fast, maybe dose silicate, etc.
If dinos rear their ugly heads, don’t wait. Take immediate action to boost nutrients fast, maybe dose silicate, etc.
no dinos at the moment. Dinos were the reason i bought the AI fuge light for my sump. It’s been so affective I’ve got a problem with not enough, pain in my **** lol
 
if I had to do it again, I would use a reactor so it can be taken off line at anytime.
Taken offline… you are making me think… what about putting another pump in return section of sump and circulate sump and let display run without sump circulation to raise levels?? Basically like disconnecting a reactor. Just a thought, is this idea stupidity?
 
My worry about reducing my light schedule is the effect it will do to my ph stability. The more I think about it. Maybe I should just get the additives. Was hoping someone would read this and tell me about their success with their light schedule/output used on their macro
 
Feed more? Hasn’t worked for me (7 times a day) either so I’m currently dosing Randy’s ammonia. Only cost a few $ to mix up. I feed refugium tank reef roids every 2-3 days to have PO4 maintain .02 its a struggle. Probably will start dosing Randy’s PO4 soon as well. Macro’s seem to suck it all up! I don’t even have coral yet!
 
My worry about reducing my light schedule is the effect it will do to my ph stability. The more I think about it. Maybe I should just get the additives. Was hoping someone would read this and tell me about their success with their light schedule/output used on their macro

You can dose N and P or feed more. There’s no way to maintain the whole pH effect and reduce nutrient uptake by lighting change. You also cannot gauge from any other tank how much to change lighting to get nutrients to rise by X amount. It is too situation dependent.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new