Help with water test

r4rlee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still new to having a reef tank since I started in December 2020 every week i have taken my water to my local fish store to be tested and they would just tell me yes its good or that I need to fix what ever needed fixing but never told me what the test results were i just started to test my own water and looking for advice on my levels here is the test kits I use and my results And if anybody is just a better testing kit and it doesn’t break the bank please do I do a lot of my shopping on Amazon

image.jpg image.jpg 5D4F78DF-FAE1-4A0A-8BF0-0B3CBBA08B4B.jpeg

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like AP for pH, calcium and Alkalinity but for phospahtes I'll use Elos or Nyos. I'll use Nyos fo rhigher levels of nitrate and Red Sea fo rlaw range nitrates and for magnesium. Haven't tested for nitrites in years and years and rarely test fo rammonia

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry but test kits in my opinion should not be scrimped on. You what low phosphates and low nitrates. Calcium around 400, 450 . The ati will not come close to getting you to say .04 phosphates and nitrates to almost 0. If you can not afford good test kits . Change 10% water aweek and don't worry about just let everything fall were it falls . If you don't have a algea scubber or any type of export for the bad stuff. Just do regular water changes 10 to 20% aweek . You want your system to be stable so do water changes on a regular basis.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back