Help with Xenia problem

joseperezred

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any advise on how I can get this Xenia under control? I made the big mistake of introducing them in my tank and since then, they have taken over my tank. I’d hate to shut this 10plus year tank. Let me know what y’all think.

Believe me when I say, THEY HAVE TAKEN OVER.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To remove mine I took the rocks out, scraped it and let it dry a few days. But my problem was a lot smaller than yours.

You’re going to have to pluck them and scrape them, there isn’t any magic solution.

OP
OP
J

joseperezred

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To remove mine I took the rocks out, scraped it and let it dry a few days. But my problem was a lot smaller than yours.

You’re going to have to pluck them and scrape them, there isn’t any magic solution.
Ouch! I feel like the more I do that, the more they continue to expand lol. I ish there was a fish that love to eat them. Taking the rocks out is not really an option since I have corals that grew in them. I’d have to start over entirely at that point.

Thanks!

JustAnotherNanoTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy cow, that’s a potential start over. Try to start a quarantine for your corals you like and monitor them and pick off Xenia as you see it.

Those rocks need to be dried out!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 81 44.5%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 84 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.3%
Back