HELP WORM ID

P-Hod

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 5, 2018
Messages
8
Reaction score
2
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WORM.jpg
 
Can you see any antennae on the head? A better picture of the head would help with ID.
From what I can see in the picture, though, it looks like it could be a Eunicid/Bobbit worm. These are predatory on fish, maybe on corals as well, and can get quite large.
 
Last edited:
Need a better picture of the head and if there are any antennae. Could be a Eunice worm. Does it dart back into the rock extremely fast at any movement/lighting?
Lives in the sand and darts back under fast with any light. I'll try and get a better pick if I can find it again. I believe I saw antennae. Pretty sure it's a Bobbit/Eunice worm now that I looked those up.
 
Looks like nemertea worm which feeds on inverts and arrive as hitchhikers. Some refer to them as marine ribbon worms.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new