Help

jacoreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, i am cycling my tank with dr tims bacteria. These are the results so far. I am on day 10. Any recommendations on what to do next?

IMG_8863.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello, i am cycling my tank with dr tims bacteria. These are the results so far. I am on day 10. Any recommendations on what to do next?

IMG_8863.jpeg
Before concluding these results, take a water sample to a store that does NOT use Api kits and have them test your ammonia and nitrates and compare readings- then you'll know where your levels truly are at. If they are at true level, when ammonia rises thn falls and achieves a steady reading of Zero for at least 5 days and when nitrate rises and falls and holds at 20 or below- you are cycled.
Did you add ammonia chloride or something to increase ammonia initially ?

OP
OP
jacoreefs

jacoreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before concluding these results, take a water sample to a store that does NOT use Api kits and have them test your ammonia and nitrates and compare readings- then you'll know where your levels truly are at. If they are at true level, when ammonia rises thn falls and achieves a steady reading of Zero for at least 5 days and when nitrate rises and falls and holds at 20 or below- you are cycled.
Did you add ammonia chloride or something to increase ammonia initially ?
Ok i will definitely do that. And yeah i added the ammonia chloride as recommended in the cycle instructions

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 45 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back