HELP

jdivz87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what’s going on! Water level in my display tank keeps going up.

Yesterday I changed a sponge in the rear chamber
( I have a 10 gallon lifegard AIO)

Since then woke up and there was like a weird white flakeyness at surface and notice water level all the way up. That’s one issue

I’m also trying to figure out this whole rear sump and main display water level. I have a ATO in return chamber and have the sicce micro pump

Help anyone

OP
OP
jdivz87

jdivz87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the entire tank more full? Or just display? Have you checked sg? Is your ato kicking on when it should not?
Yeah just display tank and at times I take some water out of display and the rear chamber gets less water and the ATO kicks in. To compensate

I’m so confused with this AIO I’ve always had refugiums. Very first AIO with rear chambers

Frustrated to say the least

OP
OP
jdivz87

jdivz87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you remove the sponge what happens?
I did earlier quickly and water level remained the same. I have a black sponge and a tighter coarse white sponge with some white bio balls media in a bag I was told to put under. It’s just weird. I didn’t change anything except change the small 3”x3” square soonge in back and that’s how it turned up! And now the water is high and I wasn’t having that issue

A local FS owner said check calcium nitrate all that but I don’t think it’s that deep of an issue and he’s given me bad advice before so idk I’m stuck

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does the tank water circulate out of the DT? Is there a snail blocking a pipe inside.

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did earlier quickly and water level remained the same. I have a black sponge and a tighter coarse white sponge with some white bio balls media in a bag I was told to put under. It’s just weird. I didn’t change anything except change the small 3”x3” square soonge in back and that’s how it turned up! And now the water is high and I wasn’t having that issue

A local FS owner said check calcium nitrate all that but I don’t think it’s that deep of an issue and he’s given me bad advice before so idk I’m stuck
if there is calcium or coraline build up in the weir blocking the teeth then maybe but I doubt it.

OP
OP
jdivz87

jdivz87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does the tank water circulate out of the DT? Is there a snail blocking a pipe inside.
It’s just a rear chamber and I don’t think so. Should I take it all out and make sure and put everything back in?

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s just a rear chamber and I don’t think so. Should I take it all out and make sure and put everything back in?
Wouldn't hurt to inspect it. Is the return pump the one recommend for your system? Not to strong or weak?

OP
OP
jdivz87

jdivz87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one that came wss trash and everyone said it’s just too weak and I found a sicce rated at 90 gallons and quiet

OP
OP
jdivz87

jdivz87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The white powdery crap is leaving slowly it’s the fact that I can’t get this water level in line

OP
OP
jdivz87

jdivz87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anything smaller? The one that came with AIO was making too much noise

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The white powdery crap is leaving slowly it’s the fact that I can’t get this water level in line
Without seeing everything I’d say the tank is 100% not getting proper flow. Either the return pump is pumping more water than the tank return can recover, the filtration (sponge, socks, filter floss) is too dense or clogged, or you have a blockage in between rear chambers or something. Whatever is causing it, you are simply pushing more water into the display than the rear chambers are receiving.

OP
OP
jdivz87

jdivz87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without seeing everything I’d say the tank is 100% not getting proper flow. Either the return pump is pumping more water than the tank return can recover, the filtration (sponge, socks, filter floss) is too dense or clogged, or you have a blockage in between rear chambers or something. Whatever is causing it, you are simply pushing more water into the display than the rear chambers are receiving.
That sounds pretty accurate when I look at it as a whole! Tomorrow I will take everything out and double check and get back to you guys

OP
OP
jdivz87

jdivz87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the flow rate adjustable? Turn it down a little. If my pump flow rate is to high, the sump level decreases and the DT level increases.
Is the flow rate adjustable? Turn it down a little. If my pump flow rate is to high, the sump level decreases and the DT level increases.
It’s not adjustable because idk if they make an adjustable flow pump that fits in that rear chamber but I’ll be looking now

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one that came with mine works fine.
This one.

Screenshot_20240113-190625.png

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 128 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.4%
Back