Help

imnotmike

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 18, 2025
Messages
121
Reaction score
83
Location
Fontana
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help!
Ok, so my tank has been running for about 6 months. Coral growth is good fish are healthy but I have cyano and green hair algae lights are hydra 32 on 8 hours a day
Does all for reef every day
Fuel and reef roids twice a week about half what is suggested. A mix of frozen and dried food.
Water changes 5 gallons a week just for the water that I use tested with a TDS and meter and it was 6.
Alk9-10 it swings from med 9 to high 9
Mag 1320 +/-
CA 400
Nitrate O
Phosphate 0-0.03 /-
Filtration is a sponge filter
Proteins skimmer
And small refugium with chaeto
This photo was taken with white lights my question is how do I start getting this under control?
Someone said to try chemiclean elite. What are your thoughts on this? I have feeling that my p03/4 are not really zero and its only the algae that's make it look that way.

IMG_3638.png IMG_3634.jpeg
 
I would raise your nitrates and phosphates off of 0. How are you testing?

What does your CUC look like?
 
Its not bad to be honest, its a good looking tank.

My thought is that you have low flow going through that pile of rocks, detritus settles and algae grows. Try to find a way to increase the flow through that pile of rock.

And secondly get more snails, I don't see many, get some turbo's.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new