Help!

warhorseart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8 gallon Aqueon Evolve
I've had my tank cycling for quite awhile with live sand and dead rock ( I boiled the heck out of it for fear of hydroids) and live codium. All is Well, HpH 8.2, Ammo 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 0, 1.22-1.25
The tank has 14 adult Dwarf Seahorses and approx 40 babies ( 2 weeks- a few days old) my codium that is on the left side of the tank is COVERED in reddish brown fuzzy algae stuff! Post pic of left side of tank and clean plant on right side if tank. Question is 1. Is this algae? 2. How do I get rid of it/ keep it at bay?
Also, tank has been treated with Panacur so I'm guessing cuc is out of the question?
Thanks,
Stephanie

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
Stephanie

OP
OP
warhorseart

warhorseart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang it, forgot pictures

ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1372375537.421388.jpg

ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1372375551.800147.jpg

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
Stephanie

dgiglio3087

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would say more flow but with that little pony in there you cant really have too much flow... Almost all algae problems are from excess nutrients, get rid of them and the algae should die off... good luck

joeogio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My personal recommendation for you tank is to do a very small water change every day like .25 gallons sea horses are messy eaters and have to be fed often doing frequent small water changes wont be as detrimental to the chemistry as larger monthly or weekly water changes. And with sea horses you want to keep the chemistry as stable as possible

OP
OP
warhorseart

warhorseart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't necessarily breed them but I have adults and almost 40 babies. If they breed ok, if not... that's ok too.
Steph

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 25.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back