Help

  • Thread starter Thread starter MTsquared
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
The emerald crabs could be a big issue!!!! When large they devoured some of my corals. Go at night and catch them. Put them in the sump. I wouldn’t be surprised if you found them eating the corals.
I was suspicious of this as well. I actually have the red mithrax 2-3 and one or two emerald. I will grab them out tonight and put them in the sump. I’m assuming there they will just eat detritus or what?
 
I agree if their is no anemone, they might try to host. Yet he is also having problems with some other corals such as acans making me think it’s something else.
The clowns are my oldest inhabitants at roughly 4yrs old. There is a bubble tip anemone in the tank however that is a newer addition and they don’t host there. They tend to host in the alveopora or some of the larger zoa colonies.
 
I was suspicious of this as well. I actually have the red mithrax 2-3 and one or two emerald. I will grab them out tonight and put them in the sump. I’m assuming there they will just eat detritus or what?
Remove all the crabs you see the red or green. They tend to eat coral when they don’t get enough food.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new