HELP!

Davisc1293

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 16, 2021
Messages
402
Reaction score
94
Location
Rhode Island
What state or country do you live in
Rhode Island
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a snail knocked my plug off the rock and I went to stick the plug back in the hole of the rock and snapped the coral right at the base. I don't have any glue will it be ok to just stick the coral directly in the rock for now? does it have a chance of making it?
 
a snail knocked my plug off the rock and I went to stick the plug back in the hole of the rock and snapped the coral right at the base. I don't have any glue will it be ok to just stick the coral directly in the rock for now? does it have a chance of making it?
Yep, it’ll be okay. I would definitely find something to secure it to ASAP though
 
Its wedged in there pretty securely for now. Ill have to order some epoxy from brs hopefully itll hold until then! I was worred it wouldnt make it small amount of slime came off it in the same.
 

Attachments

  • 20210929_030315.jpg
    20210929_030315.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 46
Its wedged in there pretty securely for now. Ill have to order some epoxy from brs hopefully itll hold until then! I was worred it wouldnt make it small amount of slime came off it in the same.
If you don’t want to wait for brs. You can run over to your local hardware store and buy gorrlia superglue gel. I’ve used it along with others here and it works pretty good for coral placement.
 
Its wedged in there pretty securely for now. Ill have to order some epoxy from brs hopefully itll hold until then! I was worred it wouldnt make it small amount of slime came off it in the same.
Lots of people plant their corals that way instead of using plugs, if that’s a good placement (aesthetics/par) and yeah long term with glue though. Gorilla gel is great and can be picked up at Walmart 24/7. However I’ve found the best price to be Amazon (larger bottles).
 
Its wedged in there pretty securely for now. Ill have to order some epoxy from brs hopefully itll hold until then! I was worred it wouldnt make it small amount of slime came off it in the same.
They will do that when ticked off, doesn’t mean she’s a goner, I thought that the first few times also. Can always get reef glue too. I prefer it over the epoxy myself
 
a snail knocked my plug off the rock and I went to stick the plug back in the hole of the rock and snapped the coral right at the base. I don't have any glue will it be ok to just stick the coral directly in the rock for now? does it have a chance of making it?
Yes, doesn't need plug to survive. I often break frags off plug and attach directly to rock
 
I agree that you can use superglue gel, but if you prefer a 2 part epoxy you can by jb waterweld at walmart or any hardware store, and also not wait on shipping. I use it all the time without any issues.
 
Thank you everyone, my minds a little more at ease. Ill pickup some superglue in the mean time tonigjt until the reef glue arives!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new