• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

**** Helping R2R Family Member (Tahoe61) Auction Thread #1 ****

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Community:
“A group of people living in the same place or having a particular characteristic in common”

Reef2Reef is much more than a fish forum to most of us. As a community, family or clan, we rely on each other for help for all things saltwater aquaria. Well one of those many members that has helped with countless hours and supplied us all with invaluable information, is now in need of help herself.

As many of you know, one of the R2R staffers, Cheryl (@Tahoe61) and her husband David, recently lost everything to a house fire. In a manner of just minutes, they were able to escape with the cloths on their back and literally watch their entire life go up in flames. They lost their beloved dog Cali as well. It goes without saying, it’s our turn to return the favor as a community and help Cheryl and her family out.

R2R has established a Go Fund Me account to provide what relief we can muster up. You can find a thread HERE discussing the details. The Go Fund Me link is HERE.

After reading that thread, one of our tremendous members, @tristanfish, has graciously decided to help. We would like to sincerely thank @tristanfish for stepping up and offering a few pieces from his incredible collection that we will be auctioning off. We will have three auction threads, this being the first one. The second auction thread can be found HERE and the third one HERE.

Here are the rules:
  • You will receive one frag of each item described below
  • Frag size will vary but will be 1” on average
  • Frags will be cut at the end of the auction
  • All packaging and shipping costs are included
  • You bid simply by posting in this thread with a higher bid than the last one posted
  • There is a $10 minimum bid increment
  • Highest bid at auction end wins the package
  • You will make your payment directly to the Go Fund Me page
  • Shipment will be arranged, after verified payment, between winner and @tristanfish
AUCTION WILL END MONDAY, FEBRUARY 5th, AT 11:59PM

Now for the good stuff…here are the pieces included in this first auction. The retail value of this frag pack is $1,200. We have included several pictures of each mother colony and the pictures were taken under T5’s and Reef Brites at different levels. So open your hearts and your wallets, and let’s help out Cheryl and David. If you can’t bid on the auction but would still like to help, simply click the link to the Go Fund Me page above and you can donate there. Thanks again to @tristanfish and Happy Bidding…

OG RRC Pink Cadillac
This is basically the colony that RRC had featured in Reef Builders in 2016. Enough said!

PC1.jpeg

PC2.jpeg

PC3.jpeg

JF Homewrecker
No need for introduction here…purchased right after Jason made its debut from Victor at WWC. This one is an instant classic.​

JFH1.jpeg

JFH2.jpeg

JFH3.jpeg

BkChem (Brooklynchemisttheory) Big Byrd
Very bright in every light scheme…glow glows!​

BBB1.jpeg

BBB2.jpeg

BkChem (Brooklynchemisttheory) Wet Dream
This guy is a dream…really. If I had to run and save one piece, this is it. It glows under all light schemes. Amazing!​

BWD1.jpeg

BWD2.jpeg

BWD3.jpeg

THANK YOU AND HAPPY BIDDING!!!​

OP
OP
dbl

dbl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Open up your hearts and wallets...it's time to help our own @Tahoe61.

#givers #family #community #spslovers #spsfreeks #stickheads #tristanfish #mods #reefsquad

vio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone, you guys rock! Keep this going
You have to PM, i will donate a nice W.D. frag to the action , i leave in Manhattan , i have house in Queens , may be 15 min. from you.
I crash my tank ( 220 Gal.) few years back, Tusi ( Joe) give me 20 frags for....FREE.
Please, PM.

OP
OP
dbl

dbl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to PM, i will donate a nice W.D. frag to the action , i leave in Manhattan , i have house in Queens , may be 15 min. from you.
I crash my tank ( 220 Gal.) few years back, Tusi ( Joe) give me 20 frags for....FREE.
Please, PM.

Thanks and I sent you a PM.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 24.9%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 51 25.4%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 47 23.4%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 49 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back