** PLEASE READ ** Tahoe61

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear R2R Family,

One of our beloved staff members, Cheryl @Tahoe61, recently lost her home and much loved dog Cali in a fire that consumed the home in a matter of minutes. (News link about the fire here.)

We are so thankful that Cheryl made it out alive. However, Cheryl and her husband lost everything in the fire and are now just left with the clothes on their back. :(

The R2R team would like to stand by Cheryl in this time of need. She is our comrade in good times and in bad. The first thing we are going to do is start a Go Fund Me on Cheryl's behalf:

https://www.gofundme.com/mpnxb8-lost-everything-in-a-fire

Please help us help Cheryl by donating what you can. More information will be shared in this thread as we get more information on how Cheryl is coping with this devastating loss.

Thank you everyone,
R2R Staff

#mods #reefsquad Please spread the word.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This was shocking news. Cheryl is a HUGE part of our community and she has not only lost her home and belongings but she also lost a dear pet. :( Let's get behind her and show her how much we lover her and care!

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow... How does one even put into words how awful something like this truly is. All of our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family Cheryl, so sorry for all you have lost and hope you manage to pull through this. You really are an integral part of this community and we are all feeling your loss together.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG, that is horrible. @Tahoe61, in my short time here you have proven you are a tremendous asset to this forum. So sorry to hear, but glad you are okay.

I will be donating shortly. Best of luck to you and your family.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cheryl is easily one of the most dedicated mods we have. I’m so sorry that this happened and I’m praying for her and her family. I hope your recovery is as quick as possible.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tahoe61 has helped me out a bunch times from the very start of my R2R journey:). Lets help Cheryl and her family back. Go Fund Me

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am so sorry to read this, every now and then we are tested and we dont understand why such good people have to go through devestating experiences. The most important thing is that no one got hurt. Unfortunately the pet is lost. Cheryl tomorrow is another day and the house will be replaced, stay strong and true to your believes. You know the reef to reef comunity will be right there with you every step of the way. I will do my part to help you and your family and im sure many of us will do the same. Prayers are on the way.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back