Helppppppp!!!!!

stephenm894

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently maybe an hour ago added some stability and prime to my tank because my water was a little cloudy it wasn’t 20 minutes later that my fish were laying on the floor and discolored I’m mixing water now to do a water change but could someone tell me what might be the problem.

OP
OP
stephenm894

stephenm894

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a skimmer. Do you have surface movement. Cloudy water indicates a bacteria bloom of sorts, when that happens in our tanks the bacteria uses up a large amount of O2 in the water.
I do not have a skimmer This all happened in a matter of 20 minutes but my water has been cloudy since yesterday all of a sudden I’m getting some green algae

StellarLoving

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not have a skimmer This all happened in a matter of 20 minutes but my water has been cloudy since yesterday all of a sudden I’m getting some green algae
Definitely sounds like a bloom, especially if the water was cloudy since yesterday that means the bacteria was using up large amounts of O2 since yesterday. I don't suspect nitrates were the cause. A healthy water change should help re oxygenate the water.

Also prime was a smart move, if there was any ammonia it should make it non toxic for the fish.

OP
OP
stephenm894

stephenm894

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely sounds like a bloom, especially if the water was cloudy since yesterday that means the bacteria was using up large amounts of O2 since yesterday. I don't suspect nitrates were the cause. A healthy water change should help re oxygenate the water.

Also prime was a smart move, if there was any ammonia it should make it non toxic for the fish.
My fish weren’t laying on the bottom and discolored until I used ability and prime

OP
OP
stephenm894

stephenm894

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I did use the proper amount I read the directions
I think it may be a tocsin in the water from when we were cleaning this all happened within 20 minutes and it started an hour ago I didn’t stick my hand in the tank until an hour after we were done cleaning so I hope I didn’t poison in the water with something

OP
OP
stephenm894

stephenm894

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I just had my first fish die

OP
OP
stephenm894

stephenm894

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just making sure but I assume these are all copepods

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 38

littlebeard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
stephenm894

stephenm894

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes they are breathing rapidly and I used between half and 3/4 of a cup full for 24 gallons
Do you mean Prime Concentrated Conditioner? Where do you see that dosage? I see one capful per 50g for normal use. At the higher end it would be 5 capfuls. Maybe I'm misreading it.

OP
OP
stephenm894

stephenm894

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you mean Prime Concentrated Conditioner? Where do you see that dosage? I see one capful per 50g for normal use. At the higher end it would be 5 capfuls. Maybe I'm misreading it.
No I mean I used between half and 3/4 of a cap full for my 24 gallon

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 76 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 75 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 32 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.1%
Back