Heniochus diphreutes Reef safe or not?

Nilo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a H. diphreutes. Fine for a few months then started going after LPS. Mostly scolys and lobos.
Yes, I think any butterfly fish is risky with corals even diphreutes and the pyramids. I do only have euphyllias and an elegance as far as LPS goes and they have been ok for now. No nipping yet on SPS. I don't have scolys, lobos, or clams. I do have one tiny blasto frag that haven't been touched yet. My zoas were only the pest ones (Pandoras and Mohawks) and those were ignored. I've been trying to get rid of these zoas/palys in my tank forever as they were overgrowing everything including the SPS. I was hoping the diphreutes will help but didn't touch them. But finally my emperor took a liking and has almost cleaned them out. The emperor hasn't touched anything else otherwise (fingers crossed for 3 months now). That's a story for a different thread

Nilo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s another video I just took with them cruising together

Attachments

• 00BCE0C2-D805-4D2F-930B-C23573001792.MOV
    96.7 MB
OP
OP
Zhark17

Zhark17

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a H. diphreutes. Fine for a few months then started going after LPS. Mostly scolys and lobos.
I dont like this one! :S
I have a lobophyllia, calaustreas and zoas.

My opcions are pygoplites and diphreutes. Considering that ive hear pygoplites are more risky, diphreutes still my best chice.

Im trying to think about other fish with similar characteristics; midium-big size, nice looking and reef safe. I have enough tangs, so theyre not in my list.

if you guys have any ideas would be welcome!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 161 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back