Herby overflow?

  • Thread starter Thread starter scooter24
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

scooter24

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 1, 2013
Messages
212
Reaction score
98
Location
Durand Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a used thank that I resealed. And when I took the overflow out in the process I was thinking about switching the the herby overflow method. Currently I have a 1 3/4 drain in the overflow and the return pipe is 1 1/2 and it returns back up through the corner overflow. If I switch to the herby I would then have to drill the back glass for the return so I could use both holes in the overflow for the drains. Do you think I could get away with the backup drain being 1 1/2 or should open it up to 1 3/4. Or use the small for the drain and the larger for the back up?what do u guys think?
 
1 1/2 herbie style drain is going to be plenty fast and would make good sense for the larger hole to be your backup. Go for it!
 
Yea I was thinking that was haven't looked up what kinda flow 1 1/2 would be but I figured it would be plenty. I thibk that's what Ima do. Is there a better style overflow setup?
 
Yeah, I forget the name of it but it has three drain pipes
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new