Here is my build thread....

Bbfishb81

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 5, 2019
Messages
330
Reaction score
526
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've always been totally fascinated by everything in and about the ocean. Never a fear of the water, my mom learned quickly that I could not be trusted at the beach.
Fast forward about 30 years or so. I went through 2 really bad relationships, one after the other, and it was years of hell. I won't get into detail but it lead to mental and physical issues. My uncle lives on Vancouver Island and he flew me down for a week. He said I needed to be where I felt the most at peace. He knew for me, that was by the ocean. It really helped, more then I realized at the time. I cam back home with a clearer mind, not 100% but it was a step in the right direction.
About a month after I got home, I made the decision to have a salt water tank. If I couldn't be near the ocean, I was going to bring the ocean to me. I hope on to kijiji and started my search. I had freshwater tanks as a kid and young adult, but it had been about 15 years since I had a tank at all let alone a salt water. I found a tank I though was a good deal, messaged the guy and I had a tank a week later.
It made a huge difference in my stress, depression and anxiety and I learned as I went. To be honest I obsessed about it, which became a healthy distraction. I was finding interest in something again,and it was getting me out of the hole I became comfortable in. I already knew so much about coral, and inverts, was learning more about the fish as I went. I became almost a daily regular at my LFS.

Its been about 8 years and more then a few tanks later. Between my husband (whom I met at my LFS) and I we have about 600 gallons (multiple tanks) of water in the basement. Its our happy place and ill post more pics when I get time. But here is my first tank that was 60 gallons and one of my current tanks that is 120 gallons

20161016_093509.jpg 20201014_141726.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new