Here is my little corner of peace

Reloadeddevil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is My Ocean Biocube HQI 29g. It's five months old. it has oceanice protien skimmer and mini Oceanic UV sterlizer modified into the return pump. Weekly 5 gallon water changes. Lighting: corallite 150 watts 14 K. Will be changing to Phoenix 150 watts 14k blue. Coral growth is crazy right now. Enjoy.

DSC_0199.jpg
DSC_0201.jpg
DSC_0198.jpg
DSC_0197.jpg
DSC_0200.jpg

Last edited:

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice array of corals. How long have you had it running? What's the lighting and size of tank?

OP
OP
Reloadeddevil

Reloadeddevil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had it for 5 months. Weekly water changes about 5 gallon. Lighting is aqualite. 150 watts 14K. got 3 gallon refugium in the back. protien skimmer by oceanic, mini UV sterlizer modified inot the return pump. Corals are growing crazy. I am getting each new zoa rooting out about in 2-3 weeks. Very very happy with my tank.

OP
OP
Reloadeddevil

Reloadeddevil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my favorite bloodshot zoa. Two small babies already starting to show up.

DSC_0349.jpg

Here is my Button coral in HD shot.

DSC_0215.jpg

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet, I also picked up a purple firefish yesterday when I stopped at the LFS on the way home. They had them for $29.99, which I thought was decent.

Do you have to feed that sun coral everyday?

OP
OP
Reloadeddevil

Reloadeddevil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet, I also picked up a purple firefish yesterday when I stopped at the LFS on the way home. They had them for $29.99, which I thought was decent.

Do you have to feed that sun coral everyday?

No I dont have to feed him everyday. Its a bit tricky with this guy. When i got this dendro, i had to target feed him everyday, because it took him two weeks to open up(usually thats the case with every dendro in the beginning). But once I got it open, i spread feed the aquarium every other day, and it stays open all the time. I dont target feed him anymore. Good little dendro :).

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, thanks. I've always thought they were beautiful corals, but I never wanted to worry about the hassle of target feeding them.

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always thought there was aggression with a pair and another clown. Have you had any problems with them? Maybe be fine since they are different colors and different body shapes though.

OP
OP
Reloadeddevil

Reloadeddevil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats exactly what i had heard, but this marron clown fish turned out to be very peaceful. Actually in the beginning when i added them in the tank together at the same time, maroon got really irritated because those ORA little guys were following him around all the time. And he did chased them away for one day, once they got the message he has been just perfect. He is very active in the tank among my yellow wrasse and bartlet anthias. Minds his business all the time.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back