Here is one for you guys, SPS ID?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aquaph8
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2011
Messages
8,919
Reaction score
384
Location
Tucson, AZ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one was on my frag rack, must of been ugly cause I don't remember where it came from but now it's awesome. Green base fades to purple with a bright yellow tip. Any ideas?

 
Last edited:
Thanks for the info and the link Jason. It looks very similar to the Phillipians one second down on the left.

No problem. A .austera is one of those Acros that can look Completely different in one aquarium to the next, so it makes it hard to ID, but the minor details set it apart. It gets mistaken for A. tortuosa all the time. A good example is the Miyogi Tort. Originally thought to be a different A. tortuosa variant, turns out it is a completely different species mislabeled and now forever confusing. I am surprised no one mentioned Miyagi Tort, but yours "looks" just like it. (Not saying it is.)
Acropora tortuosa
 
Last edited:
Its actually sitting right under my Miyagi tort in my tank and yeah I can see the similarities. I browned out my Miyagi when I had to treat my tank with prazi or Id show a pic. Ill get one up to compare if I can get it to color back up anytime soon.


Hey Adam, is there any chance this piece came from you as a freebie that got lost on the rack for a while? Im trying to figure out where it came from but cant remember for the life of me. Im pretty sure it was either you or Jared.
 
Last edited:
Isnt the myagi tort actually an austera? Austeras and torts do look similiar, this acro looks like one I just bought called "vivid tort". The guy I got it from called it that, not sure if he got it from vivid aquariums or not.
 
Mine looks nothing like vivid tort. Here is a pic of mine pretty sure its the same as the original posters.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373223573.233639.jpg



Sent from inside the shark tank!
 
I don't see any Acrpora tortuosa that vivid grows out and names their own. I am not so sure what the story is with that one.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 25.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new