Here we go again...Rayns 180 build

First fish moved in tonight. Red fuzzy lion moved over, and what a hassle! Freakin fish jumped right as I brought the net up from underneath and flew through the small opening I was working in. No pics, cause he is stressed and hiding since the move.

Only three more to get, and they aren't going to be much better I am afraid.
 
Well, update time. Sadly the red fuzzy didn't make it through the move. Once in the 180 it never ate and just looked ragged. Ended up with a fin tear and almost looked like fun rot.

About a week later I moved the other fish over. Talk about a pain! Fish that have venomous spines and are over the 7-8" length shouldn't be handled! But they made it and are doing well. Settling in nicely. Apparently I spooked the Inimicus, as he was buried in the sand till I walked up. Then he flared and shows me the business end of the spines.
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 154
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 136
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 156
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 140
Sorry about the red fuzzy lion fish. :( The tank is looking good. :)
 
Thanks! There are a few corals in there in the center and a couple shrooms too. Gonna add some macro from a grow out tank shortly. It is mainly for my preds, so the lighting is more minimal. While it really looks centered in the pic, it broadcasts more in person.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new