Here's how I have incorporated CORE7 into my small(er) 66 gallon system

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all:

I have been using Triton for about a year and a half now in three small systems:
2 Red Sea Max 250 (66 gallon systems) and a frag system that is about 60 gallons. Below is an FTS.

I use a Kamoer 4 channel doser that is fairly accurate, but I don't trust it enough to use non-diluted
CORE7 in an only 66 gallon system.

So, my solution was to dilute the CORE7 Elementz in the same 10Liter containers that I used for the Triton Elementz. However, I now dilute TWO 1 liter CORE7 bottles in RO water in the 10Liter containers. (Dilution for the old Elementz was 1 bottle per 10L.)

I started dosing about 70% of my normal daily Triton Elementz dose. (I went from 105 ml to 73.5 ml per channel.) I raised it to 80 ml after a few days because I wanted to raise my alk a little. This morning it was about 8.3 DKH---up from 7.7.

So, there you have it. If you have a small system, you can just incorporate the new CORE7 into the old dosing and dilution setup that you used for your Base Elementz. It's working well so far for me, at least.

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just make sure that if you are re-using any old containers etc the they are cleaned extremely well as the new formula will react with the old.

Nice tank by the way!

OP
OP
lexinverts

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just make sure that if you are re-using any old containers etc the they are cleaned extremely well as the new formula will react with the old.

Nice tank by the way!

Hmmmm..... Well, I assumed that CORE7 solution 1 was compatible with Base Elementz 1, 2 with 2, and so on. I just emptied the old bottles and refilled them with the CORE7 diluted solutions. I don't see any precipitation in the bottles or the tubes, so I don't think this will be an issue for me. If this is a real concern, it would be a good idea to put a label on the CORE7 bottles about this.

Thanks for the compliment.

OP
OP
lexinverts

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another detail regarding my setup that may be of interest to folks with smaller tanks, is that I do not use a sump with an algae bed in this system. Instead, I am using a Santa Monica Filtration Drop 1.4X Algae Scrubber. This scrubber system uses hair algae to consume nitrate and phosphate rather than macroalgae (as recommended by Triton) and it has worked well for me with the Triton Elementz, which have trace elements that are supposed to encourage the growth of macroalgae.

So, since I don't have a Triton-style algae bed, I am dosing the diluted CORE7 solutions into the chamber with my return pump.

Last edited:

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 63 67.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.4%
Back