OP
andrew james

andrew james

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank's one year birthday!!!
Im really trying to remember to get a FTS each month so I can see growth better. Here's Oct.
To celebrate my tank's birthday I redid all my the tubing for my dosers and pumps today, what huge pain in ths butt that was. Re ran all the lines up from the crawl space and my dosing cabinet. Took me like 5 hours, and I'm happy to be done.

This month also celebrates one year I've been running 24/7 auto water changes. My tank a Red Sea 425xl is about a 100ish gallon system and I've been changing out about 3 gallons per dayevenly spread out over 24 hours. Switching over to 24/7 auto water changes has had an enormous, amazing impact on coral health and growth. Far beyond what I was getting from good husbandry and stable parameters. I've been trying my best to do serious reefing for about 5 years and I think the 24/7 water changes have helped take me to that next level.
Knock on wood here for sure. I'm just really so happy and proud of how well this tank is doing.
qxzdtGi.jpg

Last edited:

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice. Keep up the awesome work. :)

BTW what is the nitrate level currently in your tank?

OP
OP
andrew james

andrew james

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just did a triton everything is in the green except p04. I'm definitely guilty of overfeeding my reef I dose 30ml of oysterfeast every other night around 2am. Combined that with all the frozen food and I see why my PO4 and NO3 are so high. But it looks good so Im not going to stop.
QjsNjqb.png

newbreefer316

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank, definitely book marked for when ideas when I switch over to a Spectra fixture over my SPS growout tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back