OP
OP
andrew james

andrew james

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Giesemann Spectra - 250w Radium, w/4 ATI Super Actinic, 2 ReefBrite XHO Blue and a AI Hydra 26 HD in the center for good measure.

BzNobo1.jpg

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Giesemann Spectra - 250w Radium, w/4 ATI Super Actinic, 2 ReefBrite XHO Blue and a AI Hydra 26 HD in the center for good measure.

BzNobo1.jpg
So besides the hydra 26s and the t5 I run the same combo. And instead of a hydra in the middle I run a kessil.

I was thinking of adding two t5's

So my question is with having all this types of light would you still do it this way? Or should I spend my money on something else?

OP
OP
andrew james

andrew james

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is really exactly what I want. I use the T5 and MH during the day for 6 hours and use the T5 and LED at night for 6 hours. I really like this setup because I get a very natural looking daytime tank and an exaggerated color pop nighttime tank.

Mattres

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous tank mate, and the Spectra is a beast with the added LED's. Do you have any photos of just the Hydra 26 or T5's and hydra 26 running?

OP
OP
andrew james

andrew james

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is about 8 months old now. Everything is super stable now I'm really just working on growth and color. 3 months ago I moved about half of my acro colonies to my wife's office and bought a bunch of frags of some corals I always wanted.

I still have trouble taking a good tank shot all the corals look washed out or color missing entirely, like some look black from shadows. This photos is with T5 Actinics and Reefbrites. When I turn the Radium MHs the tank looks washed out.

mWJzzo1.jpg

Last edited:

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Voodoojar
Registered Member

Today I redid my sump, totally changed my return and added a refugium. Tomorrow I plan on adding critters to the fuge.
3aUDq4s.jpg
It looks like your skimmer is in the same area as your fuge or am I just seeing things?

Everything looks fantastic

OP
OP
andrew james

andrew james

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like your skimmer is in the same area as your fuge or am I just seeing things?

Everything looks fantastic
I had chaeto in clear acrylic containers which where about 1mm underwater. I actually switch to a algae reactor after only a few weeks because of nuisance algae growing in my sum due to all the light.

Justin poirier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That anemone and clown is honestly jaw dropping... you are very lucky.
How did you get the back drop of like a sunrise everywhere. I want

OP
OP
andrew james

andrew james

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed my anemone twice a day a mix is of mysis, rotifers and oyster overies. I bought this anemone back in February is was about an inch round now its about 8-10 inches fully inflated. The light effect is a led strip stuck to the back of the stand below the tank.

Last edited:
OP
OP
andrew james

andrew james

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot my good camera at my shop so this is a crappy iphone pic unedited so the colors are really crazy. This is a small part of my lord collection. I've been fragging them a lot lately with the goal of covering my sand bed with them completely. It will probably take me at least a year to reach this goal. I keep these under 250w radium with some t5 actinics.
uAyybo8.jpg

OP
OP
andrew james

andrew james

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My KH Guardian Monitor arrived today. I chose this one because it's available today cost $650 and it does everything I need. Using their included AIM controller and the extra PH port on my Apex I can measure and control my DKH from inside Apex Fusion. The reagent is decently priced, although it could be cheaper. Im sure someone will figure out the recipe before too long
3fDBXDH.jpg

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot my good camera at my shop so this is a crappy iphone pic unedited so the colors are really crazy. This is a small part of my lord collection. I've been fragging them a lot lately with the goal of covering my sand bed with them completely. It will probably take me at least a year to reach this goal. I keep these under 250w radium with some t5 actinics.
uAyybo8.jpg

Beautiful Micromussa.

OP
OP
andrew james

andrew james

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful Micromussa.

Thank you. I've been really enjoying them. They are interesting how changing PAR and duration of light can completely change their color and how little light they actually need. I've only been running my MH lamp over that side for 3 hours a day.

OP
OP
andrew james

andrew james

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only ever run Radiums bulb up until today. I thought I'd give the Giesemann Megachrome 21k bulbs a try and I really like them. They seem to have a lot more blue then the Radium and are more crisp. I've been running a mix of lights with the Radiums to get the look I like. I thought the Radiums where my favorite but now i'm not sure.

my light setup
2x 250w 21k Giesemann Megachrome
4x 54w t5 Giesemann Super Actnic
2x Reefbrite XHO blue

Im not very good at taking photos. my wife brought a camera home from the office but I dont really know how to use it.
and I cant get the entire tank in one shot even from across the room, and it's not a big tank.
Left
7eB6Fq5.jpg

Right
jNKkD87.jpg

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a beautiful reef. Images are pretty dang good.

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only ever run Radiums bulb up until today. I thought I'd give the Giesemann Megachrome 21k bulbs a try and I really like them. They seem to have a lot more blue then the Radium and are more crisp. I've been running a mix of lights with the Radiums to get the look I like. I thought the Radiums where my favorite but now i'm not sure.

my light setup
2x 250w 21k Giesemann Megachrome
4x 54w t5 Giesemann Super Actnic
2x Reefbrite XHO blue

Im not very good at taking photos. my wife brought a camera home from the office but I dont really know how to use it.
and I cant get the entire tank in one shot even from across the room, and it's not a big tank.
Left
7eB6Fq5.jpg

Right
jNKkD87.jpg

Looking really good! I have been running the same exact bulb combo, aside from the Reef Brites, for quite some time now. I have actually been thinking about retrofitting a couple of Reef Brites inside the fixture, on the front and back, in place of the two outside T5 bulbs. We'll see what I come up with. I may have to ditch the T5's all together.

OP
OP
andrew james

andrew james

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking really good! I have been running the same exact bulb combo, aside from the Reef Brites, for quite some time now. I have actually been thinking about retrofitting a couple of Reef Brites inside the fixture, on the front and back, in place of the two outside T5 bulbs. We'll see what I come up with. I may have to ditch the T5's all together.

I thought about that as well but I like having the extra power. I had a Matrix with reefbrites mounted internally and really liked it. I use this light a lot in the same way. running the reefbrites and t5 for 8-10 hours and only running the halides for like 5-6 hours.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back