Hermit crab digging

  • Thread starter Thread starter DEL 707
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Tanks 56l and only just over 3 weeks old.
I was going to wait a little longer before adding more CUC.
3 weeks old, seriously. At least wait for 4 weeks. But anyway, just get one more for him to be with. When I got my other hermit it didn't seem like they were together but it worked. Also just leave the shells in the tank. My hermits inspected the shells for about 2-3 weeks before they decided to change.
 
If you have a pistol shrimp, get A LOT of shells. Mine has the tendency to take every single shell that doesn't have an inhabitant. I've seen him try to take a shell AND the hermit crab inside back to his lair, once. Was kind of funny, tbh.
 
I have two hermits as for now. Never had a problem with them. You also said you have a yellow clown goby and a nassarius snail. In my opinion you are really rushing things. You rather get what you want in the right time then get it and not be ready for it. Anyways how long have you been keeping the hermit? It will take it at least a week to get back to normal after adding him in.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new