Hermit crab ID - red legs one big claw

SeahawkMom

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 13, 2021
Messages
71
Reaction score
61
Location
Seattle
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this hermit crab in my saltwater tank for 5 years that got mixed in with a cleaning crew batch I purchased. He’s one of my favorites to watch with larger size and its crazy eyes. He’s in about a 1” turbo snail shell, and I think need to get a bigger shell for him soon. Any idea what kind of hermit crab this might be? He’s got a cool huge left claw that’s half purple and white, red legs with a touch of black streaks on them. Thanks in advance for any guesses.

IMG_4520.jpeg IMG_4519.jpeg
 
On Reefcleaners I think it may be this one - Blue Eyed Hermit! The white tips on the red legs and blue eyes in orange stems, and big left claw match mine. Thank you for your help!

IMG_4521.jpeg
 
On Reefcleaners I think it may be this one - Blue Eyed Hermit! The white tips on the red legs and blue eyes in orange stems, and big left claw match mine. Thank you for your help!

IMG_4521.jpeg
Yep. That's the one I tried to link. 😀
 
Good timing on your post, I've been noticing several of these crabs..this ones very photogenic
20250602_175747.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new