Hermit crab thinks hes a home designer

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wolf89
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Wolf89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 4, 2018
Messages
1,853
Reaction score
2,687
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an absolutely massive hermit crab, the size of my hand, in my DT. The problem is that he thinks he's a home designer and picks up all of my corals and throws them around all over the place. How do I counter this? Do I super glue the plugs to the live rock? Thanks, Tyler
 
What kind of hermit is it? Yes definitely glue your frags down. That’s where I would start
 
Will any super glue work? And do I take the rock out of the water to glue it? Is it okay for a coral to get out of water?
 
Yeah try gluing them down first. That should stop the chaos
 
Save time by gluing the hermit first :p
 
You can take the corals out of the water to glue them. That's perfectly fine for most corals. In my experience, super glue gel does not hold very strong to rock. If he's that big, he could probably break it off. I'd consider epoxy or a mix of epoxy and super glue gel.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new