Hermit crabs - pale legs.

heathermoor

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2022
Messages
44
Reaction score
59
Location
West Yorkshire
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi - I hope someone can help me with this.

I'm worried about my two blue leg hermit crabs in my nano tank. I've had them for about two/three months and they have been doing fine, except....

They have moulted about three times each and I have noticed that first one and then the other have lost their vivid blue colour on the legs on their last moult. They are very pale compared to how they were.

I have read on here that they can become pale when they are about to moult, but they come out of moult this colour now and stay that way. They seem fine otherwise, eating well and active.

Are they missing something they need? Is it just what happens to them with age?

I'd be grateful for any advice.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new