Hermit ID?

thought

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2020
Messages
45
Reaction score
42
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this little guy from my LFS as a blue legged hermit but does not look even close to my other blues. Anyone know what kind of hermit it is?

seems to have grey/brown legs and black and white striped eyes

47F11B87-27CF-4714-A9C8-4D3CFF87DDDE.jpeg 017B0C66-1E03-4385-B1BC-AD31F8E6AD68.jpeg
 
Like this one?
Capture+_2020-03-25-17-53-24.png

Thanks for the reply with a picture, much appreciated! Unfortunately I don’t think its that, kinda similar, but the black and white bands on eyes are very distinct. Also the legs are more grey/brown, not white at all except for bands near the eyes.
 
Don't dismiss it yet, there are huge variences even with in species . Although more research and others opinions won't hurt. At the very least he appears to be of the reef safe kind and is super cool to boot. Didn't even know there was white verities so this is great news to me, I'll be picking one up when ever it is my local store open back up.
 
good call, I won’t dismiss it, this is closer than anything else I know of so far!

I only got 2 of these hermits from the shop, but they look exactly the same, been searching the internet to figure it out, appreciate your insight
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new