Hermit Shell Swap

aSaltyKlown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was watching my tank, and noticed one of the hermits, investigating an empty shell. It looked inside, and then it came out and started to rotate the shell. In my mind I chuckled that it was taking measurements of the shell,(still could have been) however a few air bubbles came out of the shell. Maybe they rotate the shell to get rid of air and debris? Grabbed my phone and caught him in the act of changing shells.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was watching my tank, and noticed one of the hermits, investigating an empty shell. It looked inside, and then it came out and started to rotate the shell. In my mind I chuckled that it was taking measurements of the shell,(still could have been) however a few air bubbles came out of the shell. Maybe they rotate the shell to get rid of air and debris? Grabbed my phone and caught him in the act of changing shells.

Cool. I was able to capture my giant hermit changing shells. What made it really neat is it moved into a shell we picked up at the beach while on and vacation

OP
OP
aSaltyKlown

aSaltyKlown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool. I was able to capture my giant hermit changing shells. What made it really neat is it moved into a shell we picked up at the beach while on and vacation

Very cool! Especially since it was a shell that you had found. Loved the three four snails marching in line in the background as well!

Reminded me of this!
1667137442157.png

Last edited:

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool! Especially since it was a shell that you had found. Loved the three snails marching in line in the background as well!

Reminded me of this!
1667137442157.png
It was a very cool experience. The snails were an added touch but you are the first to mention them. Good eye

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back