Hermits and SPS

  • Thread starter Thread starter logibear
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

logibear

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2024
Messages
643
Reaction score
1,368
Location
Denver
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else’s hermits love to nest in their sps? They don’t seem to be doing much harm. My green birds nest has some skeleton at the base but I think that might be more light related. So not really seeming to annoy the coral but it annoys me 🤣
20250706_104518_7FC98A38-C474-45CB-9DCE-A53940241B7B.png


20250706_104518_97C6DE74-CC8C-4D0C-A6E9-E2205C1451CC.png


20250706_104518_A6D628EA-AEB7-4756-A27F-51AB15C65578.png


20250706_104518_E910571B-EE2A-4420-B86C-1E5A0CA58B57.png
 
I have a love hate relationship with hermit's. I hope they're working at night because during the day all they do is crawl on coral or lay around in a pile trying to kill each other. I have a gorgonian they like to climb. So many will climb on to the coral it droops all the way over and touches the bottom of the tank.

EDIT Now the SOBs want to crawl around on my new baby Maxima amd fight each other

PXL_20250706_221428693.jpg
 
Last edited:
I have a love hate relationship with hermit's. I hope they're working at night because during the day all they do is crawl on coral or lay around in a pile trying to kill each other. I have a gorgonian they like to climb. So many will climb on to the coral it droops all the way over and touches the bottom of the tank.

EDIT Now the SOBs want to crawl around on my new baby Maxima amd fight each other

PXL_20250706_221428693.jpg
Oh I feel ya. My birds nest is COVERED especially in the morning. And I’m with ya, I hope they are doing some good because it doesn’t feel like they do much at all
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new