Heteractis magnifica--All colors

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

There are 60 Heteractis magnifica anemones in this tank. I do not do prophylactic treatment. I do not find it necessary. These are obtained directly from a diver in Sulawesi Indonesia, he collects them and holds them for about a month. They are flown to us directly.

At our facility they get natural sunlight and LOTS of flow (turned off to take pics). They are fed daily. Every one is healthy and beautiful. There are many different color varieties. Each is approximately 6 to 8 inches or so.

There are 36 tank-raised Ocellaris in the tank. All the different Ocellaris/Percula variants will be hosted by magnificas.

Will be posting a few each day on our site.

Last edited:

Seancj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG! That is my dream and goal! A tank filled with a rainbow of Magnifica! Thank you for sharing the video! I'm in the process of obtaining a larger shallow tank just for this purpose.

Seancj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I were closer so I could see this in person! I absolutely love it! The natural sunlight brings out amazing colors!

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you feeding these guys?

Mine have never responded well to direct feeding.

The Clownfish are fed twice daily with a dry hatchery diet. The food is put in at one end with lots of flow dispersed throughout and the fish and anemones both get some. It's a finer grain pellet-like feed.

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG! That is my dream and goal! A tank filled with a rainbow of Magnifica! Thank you for sharing the video! I'm in the process of obtaining a larger shallow tank just for this purpose.

The tank these are in is 8 inches deep and 12ft x 3ft. They definitely do best under a full spectrum rather than all or mostly blue.

Here are a couple that are in a 32gal Fluval Flex under AI Hydra 32 with full spectrum. They have been in this tank for about 8 months.

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any concerns about these co-habitating with bubble tips? I am running a nem tank and would love to add some variety.

I do not find an issue mixing different anemones. However, understand that my greenhouse system has thousands of gallons and the diffent types of anemones are not in one tank directly or potentially directly touching each other. My opinion is that a tank dedicated to one type of anemone is best. A typical hobbyist tank of a couple hundred gallons or less will be far different than a 20+ year aged thousands of gallons system.

IME the best scenario for anemones is a tank dedicated and designed for them. Yes, many folks have them in mixed reefs, but many others have issues. For example, all my indoor coral systems have all blue lighting and the corals not only look great but grow best under that lighting--we produce many thousands of frags under that lighting annually. Clams and anemones do not look great or do their best under all blue lighting.

Seancj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank these are in is 8 inches deep and 12ft x 3ft. They definitely do best under a full spectrum rather than all or mostly blue.

Here are a couple that are in a 32gal Fluval Flex under AI Hydra 32 with full spectrum. They have been in this tank for about 8 months.

Love it! Only 8" tall? Great for tidepool like viewing!
I agree about lighting. Mine are kept under full spectrum during the day's peak hours. I do admit that I really enjoy viewing them at night under the blues as it brings out their fluorescence.

Seancj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to get me one of those green specimens! Watching the website now for posting.

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some have been posted, a few already sold. Will post a few more tomorrow.

AM2601_400x.jpg
AM2605_400x.jpg
AM2604_400x.jpg
AM2608_400x.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back