Hey 15yr old (almost 16) newbie here

flairbear04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everybody! I’m a young (16 in December) newbie here. My dad did a lot of freshwater tanks, but this is both of our first time doing a saltwater tank. We have a 32 biocube. (Side note: yes we are probably overstocked my dad likes getting new fish a little too much even though I say we have enough and loves to get them without doing much research!) We have a fire clam (hard to keep yes I know! Refer to side note) 4 orange ocellaris clownfish and one black and white one. Again I know not recommend but they really do seem to get along besides some problems I’m having with my black and white one. I’ll start a new thread on that one. 2 blue chromis. A diamond goby. A royal gamma. A purple firefish goby. Lots of snails and hermies. 2 Feather dusters. A coral banded shrimp (he’s getting way to big!) Two coral that I have no clue what they are and possibly dying? A little duncan with 3 heads(for lack of better word) and a hammerhead coral. And an orange sponge that is probably dying. And lotsss of questions. I’m really looking forward to all of your advice and help!

420FD0EA-5B6C-4C2C-8AC0-08D05DC3565F.png 4AA35100-120D-41EE-AE28-9FCB4EEAF3F9.jpeg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

kichimark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. Lots of clowns in there but I understand where your dad is coming from. I don't think I ever met a fish I did not want haha.

Definitely do some threads in the forums to tackle each question you have. You can also post some up close pictures of the corals in question that you think are dying. You will get lots more views and assistance.

One again, welcome to R2R. Glad you are here and look forward to seeing your posts.

Zagecko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Aboard R2R brother glad to have you here much luck to you, very cool ur starting young, this is more satisfying than video games and more challenging
Hi everybody! I’m a young (16 in December) newbie here. My dad did a lot of freshwater tanks, but this is both of our first time doing a saltwater tank. We have a 32 biocube. (Side note: yes we are probably overstocked my dad likes getting new fish a little too much even though I say we have enough and loves to get them without doing much research!) We have a fire clam (hard to keep yes I know! Refer to side note) 4 orange ocellaris clownfish and one black and white one. Again I know not recommend but they really do seem to get along besides some problems I’m having with my black and white one. I’ll start a new thread on that one. 2 blue chromis. A diamond goby. A royal gamma. A purple firefish goby. Lots of snails and hermies. 2 Feather dusters. A coral banded shrimp (he’s getting way to big!) Two coral that I have no clue what they are and possibly dying? A little duncan with 3 heads(for lack of better word) and a hammerhead coral. And an orange sponge that is probably dying. And lotsss of questions. I’m really looking forward to all of your advice and help!

420FD0EA-5B6C-4C2C-8AC0-08D05DC3565F.png 4AA35100-120D-41EE-AE28-9FCB4EEAF3F9.jpeg

Zagecko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Lol I started reefing over half a year ago and im 13

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 28 36.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 31.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back