Hey all!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! I’m from southern Maryland. I have a 10 gallon nano reef tank that I have just started stocking with a small CUC and a pair of juvenile clowns. I will begin adding corals in about a month maybe a little less. I currently have an aqua knight led light, aquaclear 70 with the in tank media basket running just filter floss and carbon at the moment. Looking forward to learning from you all as this is my first dive into the saltwater realm.

Welcome! Glad you joined. Small world, once upon a time I used to live in Mechanicsville MD. There are great reefing clubs in DC & MD, though just leaving SMD itself is hike lol. Maybe they're now doing more zoom due to COVID - that's what my local club is doing (now I'm in Texas). Our club will keep doing zoom club meetings because DFW metroplex is even larger than St Mary's County... it's like from Baltimore plus DC plus surrounding area all combined - TX scale is still hard to wrap my head around now that I live here.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

OP
OP
Tray21

Tray21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I will be sure to start a build thread here soon. Ill also get some pictures posted up maybe later tonight.
Small world, once upon a time I used to live in Mechanicsville MD.
Crazy small world indeed! I live in Mechanicsville now! Several decades ago I also lived in the DFW area too! I will be sure to look into some of the clubs in the DC Metro area. I have heard there's one in southern Maryland but when I reached out I never heard anything back.

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! I’m from southern Maryland. I have a 10 gallon nano reef tank that I have just started stocking with a small CUC and a pair of juvenile clowns. I will begin adding corals in about a month maybe a little less. I currently have an aqua knight led light, aquaclear 70 with the in tank media basket running just filter floss and carbon at the moment. Looking forward to learning from you all as this is my first dive into the saltwater realm.
Welcome to Reef2Reef! Great to have you here!

ekandler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome! I live in southern maryland, down in California so further south than you. I have a 100 gallon tank with lots of coral I’ve been running for 5ish years.

The community in southern maryland isn’t huge, so we try to stick together and help each other ha I know some good local hobbyists that frag from their tanks occasionally, including myself, so it’s a good way to meet people and get stuff cheap or for free. Shoot me a message and I’ll help you out.

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome.
black ish appearance GIF
16 To go !!! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.9%

Back