Hey everyone!

Hey R2R community! My name is Devin and about a year ago I made my return to reef keeping. I've had aquariums all of my life, primarily freshwater having everything from cichlids to arowanas. I did a brief first attempt at reef keeping about 8-9 years ago when I received a used Red sea max for free. It was a slightly problematic and very expensive experiment that I wasn't really ready for but still loved it all until the tank had to come down.

Flash forward to last year, I started a 5 gallon nano tank and shortly after upgraded to my current Evo 13.5 gallon. This experience has been wildly more successful and I've started learning so much more. The reef keeping hobby has been a really rewarding experience again and I'm looking forward to sharing it with you all!

Attached a old (ish) picture of my tank thats missing a few new torches and a BTA. I have a little ig @devs_reefs but I will post more pictures here soon too!

Screenshot_20220128-220640_Gallery.jpg
230C18BC-A906-481C-83B6-75A336BCAFAD.gif
 
Hey R2R community! My name is Devin and about a year ago I made my return to reef keeping. I've had aquariums all of my life, primarily freshwater having everything from cichlids to arowanas. I did a brief first attempt at reef keeping about 8-9 years ago when I received a used Red sea max for free. It was a slightly problematic and very expensive experiment that I wasn't really ready for but still loved it all until the tank had to come down.

Flash forward to last year, I started a 5 gallon nano tank and shortly after upgraded to my current Evo 13.5 gallon. This experience has been wildly more successful and I've started learning so much more. The reef keeping hobby has been a really rewarding experience again and I'm looking forward to sharing it with you all!

Attached a old (ish) picture of my tank thats missing a few new torches and a BTA. I have a little ig @devs_reefs but I will post more pictures here soon too!

Screenshot_20220128-220640_Gallery.jpg

Hi Devin and Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
 
Hi Devin and Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
I was thinking about it but I was unsure if it would be appropriate to the thread since my tank is approaching a year old. But if that's ok I will make one for sure!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new