Welcome to the Reef
Photo_1656017299877.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, so decided i would go ahead and introduce myself on here because in the next few coming weeks im going to be starting up my new reef tank. I have had two salt water tanks in the past. My first tank was a 100ish gallon fish only tank. It had a snowflake eel and lion fish and a few other fish in it. I enjoyed that so much that later on ended up upgrading. My second tank was a 120 gallon reef tank with clowns living in anemones and laying eggs, tangs and corals like zoas, mushrooms and a few others to dip into it more. That tank was about 10 years ago. This leads me to my current build, im finishing up my basement and in the process decided i wanted to get back into the hobby to enjoy it again (i work from home permanently now and putting it in my office area). This new tank is going to be 187 gallon DT with a 75 gallon sump. I cant believe how much the hobby has changed since i was last in it. There are just so many options out there now that make things like maintenance so much easier and a breeze. As im starting to get things going i will start up a build thread as well as start asking questions about flow rates now a days, plumbing a uv correctly, reactors and many more things now that things have advanced so much. Ive heard nothing but good things about the R2R community and happy to finally start reaching out for advice to get things setup the right way the first time. Thanks everyone in advance and Hello!

Welcome! Glad you joined. I love having my home office at the other end of room from fish tank - when work gets crazy, I can spin around and relax looking at my tank (well, if something isn't wayyy off which then it can add to my stress lol)

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back