Hey eveyone

A2dahlberg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all
I've had fresh water tanks since I was 15 (no clue what I was doing), about 8 years ago I got a all in one biocube and started my saltwater adventure (still didn't know what I was doing).
That ended in disaster and a cracked tank that was full of algae, plus my wife not wanting me spend another penny on it. 3 years ago I started a Walmart special 10g tank for fresh water and did a no water change planted tank works great for white cloud minnows. But my craving for that beautiful clown fish swimming around a reef is ever present. So I just ordered a Evo 13.5 gallon kit, a RODI Aquatic Life RO buddie plus DI four stage reverse osmosis deionization unit 50 gpd and Hanna salinity tester. I need to research salt mixture and live sand next plus have to choose what kind of rock. I'm kind of leaning toward dry rock because I'm worried about the hitch hikers on the wet rocks. So in short I have a lot of reading to do. Thanks for whoever put this forum up.

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the hobby!

giphy.gif

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to reef2reef. If your worried about pests than go with dry rock. The good part about dry is that you can seed the tank the exact way you want to. As for your budget... barely any of us stick to those XD

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all
I've had fresh water tanks since I was 15 (no clue what I was doing), about 8 years ago I got a all in one biocube and started my saltwater adventure (still didn't know what I was doing).
That ended in disaster and a cracked tank that was full of algae, plus my wife not wanting me spend another penny on it. 3 years ago I started a Walmart special 10g tank for fresh water and did a no water change planted tank works great for white cloud minnows. But my craving for that beautiful clown fish swimming around a reef is ever present. So I just ordered a Evo 13.5 gallon kit, a RODI Aquatic Life RO buddie plus DI four stage reverse osmosis deionization unit 50 gpd and Hanna salinity tester. I need to research salt mixture and live sand next plus have to choose what kind of rock. I'm kind of leaning toward dry rock because I'm worried about the hitch hikers on the wet rocks. So in short I have a lot of reading to do. Thanks for whoever put this forum up.

Hello and welcome to the channel.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back