Hey guys, where is the best place to order the Canon 100mm macro lens?

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just ordered a Canon T2i and am now looking for the the 100mm macro lens (non-L version). Can someone point me to the best price on the net from a reputable seller? Thanks.

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, B&H typically has a price match deal. They are always very competitive....good customer service as well. Very nice camera choice by the way! : )

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ditto on B&H.

If the deals seems too good to be true elsewhere ... that is pretty much the case ;)

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I trust B&H the most!My local camera shop is a rip off!Go to B&H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well not to be different, but I ordered the same lens from adorama camera. If I remember it was just a bit cheaper than B&H and also well respected online camera store.

jlt23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another vote for B&H. That's where I practically buy all of my photo gear. I think there is a saying with tripods is that there are three things (weight, stability, and cost) and you can only pick two. I can't comment on that one since I've never used or owned one. Make sure you pick a tripod that can handle the weight of your largest lens. I would also recomend a ballhead. I went with a Gitzo and Really Right Stuff ballhead.

OP
OP
Maximus

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well not to be different, but I ordered the same lens from adorama camera. If I remember it was just a bit cheaper than B&H and also well respected online camera store.

How do you like the lens? I remember a few years ago, I bought the Canon XSI with the older Canon 100mm macro lens. If I recall correctly, when you would zoom in or out, the actual glass moved in and out of the tube. I think I read that with the newer model 100mm macro lens, the glass itself remains but the internal lens moves.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like the lens? I remember a few years ago, I bought the Canon XSI with the older Canon 100mm macro lens. If I recall correctly, when you would zoom in or out, the actual glass moved in and out of the tube. I think I read that with the newer model 100mm macro lens, the glass itself remains but the internal lens moves.

I am far from an expert with cameras so I cant give a very objective evaluation of the lens (still learning this whole photography thing). I can answer though that yes the lens does not move at all (well at least that you can see from the outside). I really not like having to worry about my lens zoming into the water now !!

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If One Call wasn't local to me, I'd be suggesting B&H or Adorama. All 3 are very reputable. One Call is just a mile or so down the street though.

HelenOster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well not to be different, but I ordered the same lens from adorama camera ......... and also well respected online camera store.

Thank you SO much for the recommendation for Adorama!

BTW we always make every effort to price match (unit cost as well as shipping) to any other reliable retailer, and I'm only ever an email away for advice or after-sales support: [email protected]

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Helen Oster (HelenOster) on Twitter

Last edited:
OP
OP
Maximus

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Helen, what would be a good offer on the ebay auction?:)

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 34 18.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 124 66.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.2%
Back