Where to order quarantine yellow tang?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Do you think it will be fine to put him straight into my DT without other fish hurting this little guy? I know my clowns won't do anything but my hippo blue could but he is small.
Always assume the fish from shipping stress and netting and has something and even do either observational quarantine or 14 day treatment at 2.0 coppersafe to assure the fish is free of disease before entering into your tank. Have an acclimation box on hand in the event any bullying would occur

Gill the 3rd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea don't get me wrong, I really like Dr Reef and almost exclusively order through them. But I've also ordered direct from Biota and never had any issues either. In theory you should be fine since they are a 100% captive bred facility who have a pretty strict protocol on who and what enters their facilities and tanks.

I wouldn't have any issue with either. Dr Reef will likely take longer to get. I usually have to wait 4-6 weeks before my order ships, but I'm usually ordering multiple fish.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered from Biota a few weeks ago. It came in looking great and is eating a lot.

Unfortunately it is being bullied by the other tangs- fins are kind of beat up.
IMG_8207.jpeg

OP
OP
Reef Devils

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always assume the fish from shipping stress and netting and has something and even do either observational quarantine or 14 day treatment at 2.0 coppersafe to assure the fish is free of disease before entering into your tank. Have an acclimation box on hand in the event any bullying would occur
So your saying to qt them even after you ordered a fish from a place that qt fish.

I have an acclimation a box. It has a bunch of anemones on it though!

OP
OP
Reef Devils

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered from Biota a few weeks ago. It came in looking great and is eating a lot.

Unfortunately it is being bullied by the other tangs- fins are kind of beat up.
IMG_8207.jpeg
Maybe that is the way to go, just order station from biota.

Did u qt that yellow tang or put him straight in you DT?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So your saying to qt them even after you ordered a fish from a place that qt fish.

I have an acclimation a box. It has a bunch of anemones on it though!
Box is Just in case you need it at introduction. Regarding Qt, there is always risk and just reduce it by observation or better- short term treatment

secret_reefer337

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered yellow tangs directly from Biota in two separate time and they went directly into my display tank. Take note that my tank is 210gal with 4 adult tangs and one juvenile yellow when I added the tiny tang. It’s been 7 months and they are doing great.

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dr. Reef or direct from Biota would be your best bets. Outside that individual qt would be my strategy. A biota yellow tang would be both your safest and cheapest option, but it will come in incredibly tiny and they sell out quite quickly. Bonus points it's captive bred so it is more acclaimed to tank life.

OP
OP
Reef Devils

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dr. Reef or direct from Biota would be your best bets. Outside that individual qt would be my strategy. A biota yellow tang would be both your safest and cheapest option, but it will come in incredibly tiny and they sell out quite quickly. Bonus points it's captive bred so it is more acclaimed to tank life.
I was doing a little more research on Dr reef and I have seen lots of posts about fish arriving dead form Dr reef.

Is Ocean Devotion LA a good place?

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can also attest to biota yellow tang quality. They also just re-stocked medium size.

Use code REEFSTACHE for 10% off (not my code, just sharing the wealth)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back