Hey hey hey

Hello all!! I'm Lindsay, and a newb to the saltwater community. We have 3 freshwater systems, but I've learned Saltwater is a TOTALLY different ballgame! I started out in July with 2 marine hermits that my daughters found while we were vacationing in Pensacola. Being the animal lover we all are, we ran out and set up a 10 gallon saltwater tank the day we got home from the beach. Since then, we've gotten some astrea snails, a few more teeeeny hermits and 2 clown fish. I've finally defeated the diatoms in said tank So, it would be PERFECT timing to start a bigger saltwater tank, right? ‍♀️ Monday I set up our new 65 gallon tank with 60 lbs of live sand. Wednesday I had 65 pounds of live rock shipped over night from Salty Bottom. I gently scrubbed the rock with a toothbrush and saltwater(as 1 box of the rock smelled God awful). I think the smell is slowly dissipating thankfully, but now I assume my coralline algae is dying as there's a white layer of crud over a good part of the rock. Others have told me this is expected and to let it do its thing, so that's where I am! Hoping to do things right this time, where I didn't have that ability with the 10 gallon as I had to get the crabbies in water ASAP after returning from the beach! I'm sure you will see me post a gazillion and two times so I apologize in advance
 

Attachments

  • 72267.png
    72267.png
    57 KB · Views: 64

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new