OP
AP_Reefing

AP_Reefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the cool kids side of the cafeteria! I’m going to say what everyone is thinking: WOW I can’t believe you put all that livestock in a 5 day old tank. Hopefully it goes ok and your losses are minimum. I don’t have a ton of patience myself so I feel ya there.
I know I know. It’s so hard to have a big tank of water with no action with the anticipation of what will be. A few people told me that mushrooms aren’t stronger and can a lot of cases stand the test of the cycle. After getting an ear full I’m not touching my tank until the 6 week mark and even then waiting until I’m told it’s ok. Patience is hard though but I guess otherwise it’s not as exciting and probably easier to fall out of it all.

I’m here to learn and take a combination of the best advise (minus what was done already)

Kris 2020

Super Active Excellent Well Known Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I know. It’s so hard to have a big tank of water with no action with the anticipation of what will be. A few people told me that mushrooms aren’t stronger and can a lot of cases stand the test of the cycle. After getting an ear full I’m not touching my tank until the 6 week mark and even then waiting until I’m told it’s ok. Patience is hard though but I guess otherwise it’s not as exciting and probably easier to fall out of it all.

I’m here to learn and take a combination of the best advise (minus what was done already)
yeah its hard to watch an empty tank, at least you were up front about it lol. I can’t tell you how many times someone posts asking why everything is dying in their “4 month old tank” which parameters and pics show is probably 4 days old and full of anemones and invertebrates and coral and fishes.
giphy.gif

OP
OP
AP_Reefing

AP_Reefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah its hard to watch an empty tank, at least you were up front about it lol. I can’t tell you how many times someone posts asking why everything is dying in their “4 month old tank” which parameters and pics show is probably 4 days old and full of anemones and invertebrates and coral and fishes.
giphy.gif
lol I hope to not get there but have accepted my fate

PTXReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reader,
I’ve always wanted a saltwater tank and didn’t know about the reefing underworld.
As I got to know more and more I realized that this is a full time job. Moved recently and finally got my wife on board because we have the room.

setup was complete Sunday (5 days ago)

current build:

RS Reefer 525 XL
RS 600 skimmer
3 Ecotech XR30 Gen5 Blue’s
2 Ecotech MP40’s
Ecotech return
Ecotech Vectra M2 return pump
Ecotech battery backup
Artica chiller
Apex Neptune & 2 dosers
Neptune Trident
PO4 reactor
UV sterilizer

I also has a sock bracket installed for my GFO to try and keep it semi clean.

No idea what I am doing but have amazing help from Aquarium City to help get me going and help maintain the tank until I get the hang of it.

looking to make this an Acro tank with a some other eye popping and interesting corals.
I didn’t have patience (which I got blasted over) but added a jawbreaker, yuma & a blasto. After getting a good long lesson for the 10th time I agreed not to touch the tank for 5 more weeks.

Current fish which I was told were ok are:
2 Ocellaris clownfish
2 black snowflake clownfish
4 blue green chromis

Fingers crossed, praying for a beautiful tank and little to no heartbreak

Question: any suggestions on how to take clear pictures? Camera, lense..?

(the picture underneath was after almost completion of the setup so trident isn’t in it)

Aaron

78075F3C-418F-4EAC-989E-3458F2B99C39.jpeg 42B43A26-0247-481C-924D-F735F7B2B247.jpeg 81D98653-D143-4A99-A231-76C91557AA29.jpeg

Welcome to R2R! Amazing Set up! Happy Reefing!

giphy.gif

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back